Academic Exchange Programs – International / National Institutions
The Institute has continued to maintain and enhance the academic excellence it has had since its inception that has enabled it to have collaborative academic exchanges with the following International Universities / Institutions of academic eminence. MoUs have already been signed with most of these institutions and with the rest they are in process.
Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with Institute Under the terms of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoUs) with the following Institutions, the Institute has developed program of interchange of students for Academic activities. Thus, the students and teachers of the Institute have commendable outreach to other Institutions for exchange of Academic knowledge.
1. Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh
2. California University, Riverside, USA
3. State University of New York, Buffalo
4. Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
5. Gwangju Institute of Science & Technology (GIST), Korea
6. Canberra University, Australia
7. EPFL Louisiana and ETZ Zurich, Switzerland
8. Aalborg University, Denmark
9. Russian New University (RosNOU), Moscow, Russia
10. University of Michigan, USA
11. Caledonian College of Engineering, Muscat, Oman
12. IIT‐Kanpur, IIT‐Mumbai and IIT‐New Delhi
13. Information Security Research Consortium jointly signed by USA, China, Japan, Russia, Germany, Israel, India, RosNOU‐Russia
14. University of Dundee, Nethergate, Scotland, UK
Research & Academic Achievements
IIIT‐A has a number of research programs and collaborative efforts with the industry, the government and academic institutions. The focus in these programs is on joint research and project development in Indiacentric, broad‐based applications. The participation of the students in these projects which have commercial as well as research‐based importance speaks volumes about the whole gamut of exposure the students get. Students are also encouraged to work closely with the industry and gain experience in large scale IT projects.
As the Institute attaches much importance to taking up of research degree programs, research scholars enrolled for Ph.D. are encouraged and provided with state‐of‐the‐art facilities to pursue their objectives with full promise and poise.
Broad Area of Research Includes:
1. Networking, Internet, E‐ commerce, E‐Governance, Web based Education, Content design and delivery
2. AI, Intelligent/KB systems, Knowledge management, Behavioural modeling, ITS
3. Industrial Automation – Design, process, production, control, security
4. Chemical structures and modeling – Chemicals, new materials, polymers, Pharmaceuticals etc.
5. Bio systems ‐ Genetic modeling, medical informatics, Nano technologies
6. Modeling and informatics pertaining to economic, financial and social systems
7. Eco systems, GIS, Environmental modeling, Geo systems and Geophysical systems.
8. Image processing, Image restoration, Applications to art, crafts, sculpture and architecture
9. Disaster management
10. Informatics and computation in Indian languages, Informatics for rural areas, IT enabled services and IT enabled education
11. Surveillance and security for industry and defense, safety in general and in transportation systems in particular
12. Supply Chain Management, Production & Operations Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management, Finance Management, Risk Management, Managerial Economics, Public Sector Management.
Center of Excellence at Institute
Apart from the R&D activities, the Institute has the following Centres of Excellence:
• Indo‐Russian Centre of Biotechnology
• Indo‐US Centre of Language Technology
• Indo – Danish Centre for Wireless Sensors and Sensing
• Indo‐Swiss Centre for Microelectronics
• Patent Referral Centre
• Plagiarism Detection Centre
• S&T Discovery Park for Rural Empowerment, Amethi
• Centre for Physically Disabled Persons
Collaborations with Industries
The Institute is also actively involved with some of the major industrial & business houses & organizations.
1. Maple Leaf India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi
2. M/s. Corinex, Canada
3. Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC)
4. Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), Mumbai
5. Artificial Limb Manufacturing Corporation (ALIMCO), Kanpur, Govt. of India
6. FORTIS Hospital, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
7. Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Bangalore
8. Zensar Technologies Ltd., Pune