1. Allotment to all Post graduate Nursing courses and to all the Government seats and Govt. merit seats in self financing colleges covered by the Entrance examination will be made through a Centralized Allotment process, which will be conducted by the Director of Medical Education. The dates of counseling and allotment shall be notified by the DME in all leading Malayalam dailies and other media and website of DME (www.dme.kerala.gov.in). No individual communication will be sent to the candidates in this regard.
2. Original documents to be produced at the time of counseling.
2.1 Certificate of equivalency / eligibility from any University in Kerala, in the case of candidates who have passed BSc. Nursing/Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (Regular Course) from any University outside Kerala. This certificate needs to be produced at the time of counseling.
2.2 Registration Certificate from the Kerala Nurses and Midwives Council. This certificate needs to be produced at the time of counseling. Admission to the candidate shall be given only after obtaining registration with the Kerala Nursing Council.
2.3 No opportunity shall be given to incorporate any details / documents after the date of admission mentioned in the memo.
3. Genuineness of Certificate: If the Selection Committee has any doubt about any certificates furnished by a candidate, such certificate shall be accepted only if found genuine on further verification. Admission even if granted shall be cancelled if it is found later that false certificates had been produced or that the admission had been secured by fraudulent means
4. Following shall be the priority in allotment of candidates belonging to different categories:
4.1 Service Quota
(a) Teachers of Government School of Nursing/ Nursing staff under DME: The service candidates in the select list will be called for personal appearance to exercise their option of subjects. Candidates shall furnish his/her options in the proforma that will be provided. Allotment of seats shall be done by the Director of Medical Education from the select list, availability of seats at the time of counseling, and also based on the options exercised at the time of counseling.
(b) General Merit and SC/ST candidates: At the time of Counseling, candidates in the order of rank shall furnish his/her options in the proforma that will be provided. Allotment of seats shall be done by the Director of Medical Education strictly according to rank, availability of seats at the time of counseling and also based on the options exercised at the time of counseling.
5. Candidates are advised to strictly observe the date and time of his/her appearance in the Centralized Allotment Process. Candidates should appear at the venue for the allotment process at their own expenses.
6. Candidate who fails to appear for the counseling as per schedule will forfeit his /her chance for admission and will not be considered for subsequent counseling, irrespective of the rank secured. However, if a candidate is not able to attend the allotment process on genuine grounds, the parent/guardian, or any authorized person can act as a proxy at the risk of the candidate on production of authorization letter in the form given in Annexure – I. Authorization letter once received will be considered as valid for the entire allotment process, unless the candidate revokes it in writing. A photocopy of the filled up authorization letter should also be brought by the proxy at the time of first appearance. The original authorization letter will be retained and the photocopy will be returned to the proxy with acknowledgement. This photocopy with the acknowledgement on it must be used for subsequent appearance(s) if any.(If vacancies exist after regular counseling spot allotment if any conducted, candidates who have not attended regular counseling can participate).
7. Criteria for selection to higher options
7.1 If a candidate gets selected for a course of his/her first option, he/she shall not be considered for other options. If a candidate is selected for his/her 2nd or 3rd option, he/she shall be considered for selection for the higher option as per his/her rank in the waitlist if vacancy arises during the validity period of the rank list, provided he/she has joined the course of his/her lower option or relinquished the selection before the scheduled date for the admission.
7.2. The additional seats, if any, sanctioned during the validity of the rank list shall be filled up from the same rank list.
8. Date of Joining: It is mandatory for the candidate to join the course on the date intimated by the Director of Medical Education, if selected at the time of counseling.
8.1 If a candidate does not join the course to which he/she is selected or discontinues the course after joining, his/ her claim for admission for the higher option shall be forfeit.
8.2 Joining time: No extension of joining time shall be granted by the Director of Medical Education to the allotted candidates under any circumstances.
9. Transfer: No transfer shall be allowed from one college to the other after closing of admission. Re-allotment alone shall be considered before the closing of admission.
10. Stipend: Students admitted to PG course I government Nursing Colleges are eligible for stipend as per Government Orders passed from time to time.
10.1 A candidate when moved over to another subject/ college of his/her higher option shall have to forfeit the stipend for the period equivalent to the period for which stipend is drawn already.