1. Counseling shall be conducted by the Director General of Medical Education Uttar Pradesh. The detailed schedule and details of Counseling shall be announced by the Director General of Medical Education ad Training, Jawahar Bhawan, 6th Floor, Ashok Marg, Lucknow 226001 and shall be displayed on website www.updgme.in after declaration of result in leading newspapers of Uttar Pradesh. The UPPGMEE helpline shall not be able to provide this information.
2. As per the Government of India, Directorate General of Health Services, letter No. C- 18018/08/2005-MEC, dated 24.03.2008 there shall be TWO COUNSELINGS. Candidates who get seat in 1st counselling shall also be eligible for second counseling for reshuffling of seats with candidates who were either absent or did not opt a seat in the first counseling.
3. Candidates are required to bring their application form duly verified by the Dean/Principal of the Universiy/College from where the candidate has done his/her MBBS/BDS.
4. At the time of counseling each candidate is required to:
a. sign the attendance sheet.
b. deposit counseling fees of Rs. 800/- in cash.
c. present all the original documents along with one extra photocopy as listed belowi.
ii. High School certificate as proof of date of birth.
iii. Mark Sheet of all professional examinations.
iv. MBBS/BDS passing out certificate or degree.
v. Compulsory Rotatory Internship completion certificate.
vi. Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate (U.P. State/MCI/DCI).
vii. Employer’s “No Objection Certificate”, if employed.
viii. SC/ST/OBC/Physically Handicapped Certificate, if applicable. The OBC certificate must have been issued after 15.10.2012
ix. Identification certificate as mentioned in the application.
x. Verification sheet of the Principal/Dean of the College/University concerned.
xi. Two photographs attested by Principal with a clear stamp. Photographs must be the same as pasted on the application form.
xii. Candidates who have passed MBBS from Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun must submit the following additional certificates
i) Certificate of bona-fide resident of U.P.
ii) Certificate of selection in the college through UPCPMT/Management quota, before 9th November, 2000 issued by Director General Medical Education/Medical Health Services of Uttarakhand as per Proforma.
5. The candidate shall be subjected to Finger Printing, Photographing and analysis of handwriting, which will be compared with those taken at the time of examination. This will be conducted by the examining body. If there are any doubts regarding the identity of the candidate the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled and a report will be lodged with the police and MCI/DCI will also be informed.
6. If found eligible the candidate will proceed to
a. Submit a security deposit in the form of a demand draft/bankers cheque of Rs. 30,000/- (Rupees thirty thousand only) in favour of “Director General Medical Education & Training, U.P.”, payable at SBI, Jawahar Bhawan Branch, Lucknow. This will be returned to the candidate after he/she takes admission. Those who do not join or leave the course after allotment will forfeit their claim for refund of the security deposit.
b. Candidate will be given registration document and allowed into the counselling hall where he/she shall study the seat matrix displayed on screen in different disciplines/ specialties/medical college/medical University. The seat allotment will be done by the Counselling Board on Merit Cum Option basis.
7. Candidates who are applying for “Physically Handicapped Category” are required to submit attested photocopy of certificate on attached proforma (Annexure No. 4), issued by the Medical Board (constituted by Director General, Medical Education and Training, U.P. under chairmanship of Principal / Director, Medical College, Agra /Allahabad /Gorakhpur /Jhansi/Kanpur/ Meerut RIMS, Saifai and Dean, KGMU, Lucknow) of any Medical college on notified dates. Physically Handicapped Certificate issued by any other authority other than above mentioned Medical Board, shall not be entertained. The Disability Certificate shall be issued as perMCI norms. Claim of Physical handicapped category shall not be allowed if the handicapped certificate is not brought at the time of counselling. Claim for this category shall not be entertained after the last date of receiving the completed application form.
8. Candidates who have passed MBBS from Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences, Dehradun and bring the domicile certificate of U.P. and certificate of being selected in MBBS through CPMT/Management quota before 9.11.2000 from the Director General Medical Education/Medical Health Services of Uttarakhand, on attached proforma (Annexure Nos. 5 & 6).
9. Candidate eligible for the reserved category will be given admission as per rules of the State Government, applicable on the date of counselling.
10. Candidates who fail to produce required original documents during counselling or if any, concealment or falsification of facts comes to light at the time will not be entitled to any benefit of having appeared in the entrance examination and/or any benefit of acquiring a seat subsequently.
11. If candidate is absent in the counselling or does not join any course in a college after allotment of the seat by the due date shall forfeit any right of admission on the basis of said counselling/allotment.
12. If a candidate is absent when her/his name is called for counselling and comes at a later time, he/she shall only be considered for a seat from among the seats available at the time of his/her appearance in the counselling.
13. The option once exercised in the counselling cannot be altered under any circumstances.
14. Every candidate who wishes to opt for a seat in the counselling shall present himself/herself before the counselling board. Their representative, through authority letter is not allowed to participate in the counselling.
15. Candidates will be photographed and their identity checked at the time of counselling. If it does not match it will be counted as unfair means and their candidature cancelled.