(FOR ALL CANDIDATES WITH REGISTRATION CERTIFICATES FOR NURSE & MIDWIFE FROM ANY STATE NURSING COUNCIL OTHER THAN TAMILNADU)
For a candidate to be accepted to the programme he/she is required to register with the Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council. The address is as follows:
The Registrar, Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council,
Jayaprakash Narayanan Maligai,
140, Santhome High Road (Near Santhome Church),
Mylapore, Chennai – 600 004, Tamilnadu.
Phone no. 044 24934792
The application for registration with the Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council (TNNMC) is to be obtained from the TNNMC on payment of Rs.10/- for each form (require two forms for Nurse and Midwife registration). The duly filled in TNNMC registration application is to be submitted to the Council directly along with the following:
1. Registration fee Rs.390/- for each registration (Nurse, Midwife and each higher grade qualification). The total amount can be paid in the mode of demand draft drawn in favour of “Registrar, Tamilnadu Nurses and Midwives Council” payable at Chennai.
2. Original and photostat copies of the Nursing and Midwifery / alternate course (applicable to male candidates) certificates
3. Original and photostat copies of the registration certificates from the State Nursing Council, where the candidate has obtained the Degree or Diploma in Nursing.
4. Photostat copies of the basic educational qualification certificates and proof of date of birth.
5. Course Completion certificate for the Nursing programme(s) mentioning clearly the duration of the programme (day, month and year).
It may take a few months for the TNNMC to issue the Registration Certificate(s). Candidates are therefore advised to apply for registration to the TNNMC soon after the announcement of the final result.