1. As per the PG Medical Education Regulations, Merit list shall be published State wise & All India list. Reservations as per Government of India Guidelines /State Government Guidelines/PG Medical Education Regulations /rules & regulations shall be provided for Scheduled Castes (SC), Schedule Tribes (ST), Persons With Disabilities (PWD), Other Backward Classes (OBC) at eligible class of Institutions/Colleges.
2. For institutions of Armed Forces Medical Services -
a. The candidates (serving in the Armed Forces and other eligible candidates viz. paramilitary officers / Ex-SSC officers / Civilians) opting for admission to AFMC and other institutions of the Armed Forces Medical services shall tick the option (Institutions of Armed Forces Medical Services) in the online form.
b. ONLY those candidates opting for the above shall be considered for admission to the under mentioned Armed Forces Medical Services institutions.
(i) Armed Forces Medical College (Pune)
(ii) Army Hospital (Research & Referral), Delhi Cantt: (Delhi)
(iii) INHS Asvini (Mumbai)
(iv) Command Hospital Air Force (Bangalore)
(v) Command Hospital Western Command (Chandimandir)
(vi) Command Hospital Central Command (Lucknow)
c. Selection and final admissions to these institutions shall be made by the Armed Forces Medical Services based on applications by the candidates to these institutions, as per Govt of India – Min of Defence rules and regulations in conjunction with those applicable to the affiliating Universities.
d. There is no provision of reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC in the Armed Forces institutions conducting Post Graduate courses.
3. Domicile – Guidelines of each State /Union Territory shall be applicable in respect of the seats owned /controlled by them respectively.
4. Documentary requirements:
a. Candidates opting for reserved seats under any category are required to furnish certificate issued by competent authority in respect of SC/ST.
b. The prescribed format of Certificate for candidates in respect of OBC is enclosed at Annexure D.
5. (a) For Persons with Disabilities there shall be 3% horizontal reservation for Physically Challenged persons (only for locomotory disabilities of lower limbs between 50% to 70% provided that in case any seat in this 3% quota remains unfilled on account of unavailability of candidates with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 50% to 70% then any such unfilled seat in this 3% quota shall be filled up by persons with locomotory disability of lower limbs between 40% to 50% before they are included in the seats of respective category) in 50% All India PG Quota seats. Detailed information in this regard is available on the website of the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (www.mohfw.nic.in).
(b) For PWD seats, the qualified locomotor disabled candidates should get themselves certified at one of the under mentioned Disability Assessment Boards, constituted at the four metro-cities, before their scheduled date of counseling:
(i) Vardhman Mahavir Medical College & Safdarjang Hospital, Ansari Nagar, (Ring Road), New Delhi-110029
(ii) All India Institute of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Hazi Ali Park, K.Khadya Marg, Mahalaxmi, Mumbai-400034
(iii) Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research, 244 Archarya J.C. Bose Marg, Kolkata – 700020
(iv) Madras Medial College, Park Town, Chennai – 600003
The Locomotor Disabled (LD) candidates are required to bring their treatment papers related to their disability, including the investigation reports at the time of reporting to the above mentioned designed institute to such disability certificate. The candidates are advised to obtain prescribed certificate before the date of counseling. Copy of the prescribed certificate is also enclosed at Annexure D.