Applications are invited for admission to the following courses having entrance examination for the year 2013-2014 in University Departments/Centres/affiliated colleges:-
Conditions and Guidelines:-
1) Applications are to be submitted on line for all courses except MSc Applied Psychology from 08.06.2013 to 29.06.2013 5 P.M. through Calicut University website “ www.universityofcalicut.info”
2) Applications for MSc Applied Psychology are to be submitted on line from 08.06.2013 to 18.06.2013 through Calicut University website “ www.universityofcalicut.info”
3) Signed print out of application bearing Passport size Photograph attested by the Gazetted Officer along with (i) the original chalan receipt for having remitted the fee of Rs.300/- (Rs.100/- for SC/ST candidates on the basis of valid community certificate issued by the competent authority) to Calicut University Funds in Calicut University fee counter/Government Treasuries/Designated Branches of SBT/Janasevankendra OR Demand Draft (only in the case of out of State candidates) drawn in favour of the Finance Officer, University of Calicut payable at SBT Calicut University Branch and (ii) attested copies of certificates as proof of qualifications, age and community should be forwarded to the Head of the Department/Co-ordinator/Director as the case may be as mentioned in the 6th column of the Notification so as to reach on or before 5 P.M on 01.07.2013.( in the case of MSc Applied Psychology the same should reach the Head, Dept. of Psychology, University of Calicut on or before 19.06.2013.
4) The online Registration I.D.No. should be written by the candidate on reverse side of the chalan receipt/DD as the case may be. This I.D.No should also be mentioned by the candidate in all future communications.
5) Those who are awaiting the results of the qualifying examination can also apply. They have to submit the copies of Marklist to the Head/Director/ Co-ordinator, as the case may be, within 6 days of the publication of Calicut University/Government Examination Results in order to finalise the Rank list in stipulated time.
6) The Heads/Directors/Co-ordinators are authorized to conduct Entrance Examination and admission as per rules and allot students to affiliated colleges by 20.08.2013.
7) Allotment to the affiliated colleges will be made to fill the merit seat (50% of the total intake).
Norms and Regulations related to Bachelor of Education Degree in Special Education (Hearing Impaired):-
1. Eligibility for Admission
Candidates should have passed the B.A/B.Sc degree examination under the 10+2+3 pattern with one main subject and two Subsidiary subjects from any of the Universities in Kerala or of any University recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala as equivalent thereto for admission subject to the stipulation regarding marks. However, double and triple main candidates of Kerala University and other Universities will be considered for admission only if they furnish the copies of the eligibility certificate from any of the University in Kerala along with application stating that their qualifying examination is recognized for seeking admission to B.Ed. Special Education (Hearing Impaired) degree course.
a. Minimum marks for B.Ed Special Education (Hearing Impaired) admission is 50% for the science subjects and 45% for the arts subjects in part III.
b. A minimum of 50% marks for Part I English of B.A/B.Sc degree examination for English optional.
They should also possess a Master’s degree in English with not less than 50% marks. c. Applicants should have secured 45% marks in aggregate (I+II+III) Scheduled caste/Scheduled tribe candidates with pass graduation and post graduation in the respective optional subjects are eligible for admission Socially and Educationally Backward Community (SEBC) candidates will be given 3% concession for Part III/Part I English, Part II and PG.
OEC candidates will be given 5% concession for Part III/Part I English, Part II and PG.
2. a. BA degree with English Language and Literature/Functional English with 45% marks for Part III OR BA/B.Sc with 50% marks for part I English and not less than 50% marks for masters degree in English Language and Literature.
b. BA degree with Malayalam language with literature with 45% marks for part III OR BA/B.Sc with 50% marks for part II Malayalam and not less than 50% marks for MA Malayalam Language and Literature.
c. B.Sc degree with Mathematics or Statistics or applied statistics main with 50% marks, for part III. Candidates with statistics/applied statistics should have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects.
d. B.Sc degree with Physics/Chemistry/Polymer Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry/B.Sc Geology/ B.Sc Petro Chemicals/B.Sc Bio-Chemistry main with 50% marks for part III.
e. B.Sc degree with Botany/Zoology/B.Sc Bio-chemistry/B.Sc Plant Science/Aquaculture with Bio- Chemistry and Zoology as subsidiaries with 50% marks for part III.
f. BA degree with History/Arabic and Islamic History main with 45% marks for part III or BA degree with Geography/Politics/Economics/Sociology/Psychology/Philosophy under part III (45% marks).
g. Bachelor degree with Geography as main subject under part III with 45% marks.
h. Candidates who have secured M.Com degree with not less than 45% marks alone are eligible for admission.
i. Home Science candidates, who have secured M.Sc degree in Home Science with not less than 45% alone are eligible for admission to the B.Ed course in Home Science, such candidates are not eligible for admission to any other B.Ed course.
j. MCA/M.Sc Computer Science/M.Sc Electronics with a minimum of 45% marks.
2. Selection and Indexing for admission to B.Ed Special Education (Hearing Impaired):
Marks obtained by the candidates at the degree examination will be converted into percentage score in this index score additional weightage may be given as follows.