The concern of the nation has been about enhancing the quality of research in Universities, as well as increasing the number of students pursuing research and obtaining Doctoral degrees.
Integrated Ph.D. program gives unique opportunity to obtain Ph.D. degree within a shorter duration and is very useful to the students who plan to build their career in research or higher education. This program offers research orientation from the third semester onwards by giving specialized courses in the area of research the student plans to pursue. The fourth semester is entirely devoted to research project which could be a pilot or precursor to the Ph.D. research work. On completion of all the credit requirements the student enters into the part II of the program which is entirely research.
ADMISSION AND OTHER GENERAL CONDITIONS
1. No separate application and entrance examination for the Integrated Ph.D. Programmes.
2. Admission of students to the programmes will be made as per the merit lists of the respective regular P.G. programmes (Not exceeding 10 per year).
3. Intake will be decided by the respective Heads of Departments at the time of admission.
4. A candidate joining the integrated Ph.D. program shall get a monthly stipend of Rs.1000/- for four semesters (20 months) and Rs.8000/- per month for the next three years extendable by one year. During the Ph.D. period, the candidate is also eligible for contingency from UGC.
5. The students admitted to integrated Ph.D. program shall take courses of first three semesters together with the students of main stream Master’s degree program.
6. Students with a CGPA of 6 or more on completion of mandated credits at the end of 4 semesters are eligible to proceed to Part II of the Ph.D. program. Others will be eligible for award of PG degree if they have completed the credit requirements for that degree.
7. The student who has CGPA of 6 or more on completion of four semesters may be permitted to exit the program with the P.G. degree on successful completion of credit requirements for that degree, however, he or she shall have to refund the entire stipend of Rs.1000/- per month paid.
8. Evaluation and award of grades during first four semester will be governed by the CBCS regulations.
9. The students of integrated Ph.D. program are advised to take additional courses in the same department or any other department in order to meet the deficiencies for pursuing Ph.D. program.
10. The successful candidate shall get two degrees after the award of Ph.D. degree namely, M.A./ M.Sc./ M.Tech., as applicable, along with the Ph.D. degree.
11. All other regulations for regular Ph.D. program also apply to integrated Ph.D. program.